Friday, June 26, 2009

It's A Marathon, Not A Sprint

Starting a school experience with two weeks on campus feels really unique.  Instead of parceling out our work over a semester of several weeks, we're spending eight hours a day in class and then responsible for doing a significant amount of writing at night.  I'm in awe of how focused the older students are----making notes, writing reflections, trading ideas for papers, etc.  I'm also a bit tired!  Like I figured, the content of the classes feels really comfortable.  My barrier is the use of technology, like designing models and templates to illustrate work.  I'm trying to breathe deep, do my best and ask for help when I need it.  A humbling experience for someone with my ego!

The great thing is that with the exception of one presenter, the rest of the sessions have been really great.  I love the topics of leadership and learning, and am already finding lots of things I can use in my work.  So...it's a one day at a time venture, and I'm just trying to keep pushing a little each day to get my papers and other work done.  I appreciate everyone's calls and emails to keep in touch!

Off to meet my study group to plan our presentation for next week.  Our final project is going to be a game show presentation we're calling, " Who Wants to be a Leader?"   Gotta have a little humor along the way, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment