Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Home again, Home again.......

It's been four days, and it feels great to be back home!   I'm appreciating my own bed, and my own master bathroom with the huge, jacuzzi tub.

The first two weeks at Stritch confirmed for me that it's going to be a wonderful place, and a great fit.  The professors totally stick to the themes of leadership, learning and service and make all the presentations, readings and discussions focus on those areas.  I learned so much, and am really excited about it.

I mentioned to my counselor that "the age thing" was the only piece of discomfort I sometimes felt---The fact that many of my teachers are my age.  When I thought about it, I realized that problem is really more about "what will people think?"  than anything else---I'm wasting time wondering  if they'll think it's a little nuts to be doing this at age 56.   So.....my new frame of mind is to realize this is a really rich journey that will result in something I really want.  I'm going to try to stop worrying about other people, and listen to myself.   After that, I'll probably tackle world hunger and global warming...........

I have two papers to finish----I felt like letting them gel for a few days and they're not due yet.  Maybe by leaving them alone they'll improve????   I can hope.

So, the word is----So far, so good!  7 credit hours down, 63 to go (I hope someday I'll look back at that and smile......)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear all went well. Way to go on the pursuing your dreams "thing". Take good care! Love you, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    I finally got to take a breather and read your blog. I just wanted to tell you how proud I am to be your sister. 56 is NOT old! Besides, you are going to get to be 57, 58, 59.... etc and you will also become Dr. Debbie! Some people just get older!!!! Experience can only come with age and I think of all you have accomplished and what you bring to the table! I understand the technology thing. I teach instruments invented in the 1500's and usually avoid using tech stuff to do it. The younger teachers try to bring me up to speed, of course. Thanks for blogging. It is such an honor to have you take the time and great to read the updates. I'll try to get here more often. Sounds like you hit the ground running!

    love to you,
    karey

    ReplyDelete