Thursday, November 19, 2009

Doing What I Love.....

I have really enjoyed my Leadership course this semester.....The process has been so interesting! We began by reviewing lots of leaders throughout periods of history, looking at who they were, how they became leaders, what style of leadership they embodied, etc. After that, we did a study group project where our group constructed Facebook pages for courageous leaders throughout history. Dale did a wonderful job taking our ideas and formatting them---we were really happy with how it turned out. Our last assignment for the semester brings things to a really personal level: We have to develop a personal theory of leadership that's relevant to our own life, and then present it in one sentence. Our job in our final paper is then to de-construct the sentence, and talk about each phrase to give further information. So here's mine:

Leadership means making a difference by giving my best effort to empower and equip the next generation of school leaders.

I plan on talking about my work, my vision for leaders of courage and integrity, and how my Dad and others have influenced me in always wanting to give my best. I'm excited about it, and am realizing how my learning this semester has prepared me well to come to this point. How cool to be doing things I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment